The World Food Program WFP Internship Program is one of the most prestigious and exciting internships. it provides you with real-world work experience in a global organization. As an internship placement, It requires the commitment of a dynamic individual who can provide analytical, administrative, and logistical support to ensure the successful rollout and further development of its Information Technology (IT) system for monitoring contributions received for the WFP.
The mission of the World Food Programme (WFP) is to fight global hunger by ensuring that those in the most vulnerable condition, especially women and children, have access to quality nutrition. The organization works primarily in countries and regions affected by conflicts or natural disasters, delivering emergency assistance to provide food for victims and strengthen community resilience. Its headquarters are in Rome (Italy), but it operates in dozens of countries. Currently, WFP has more than 14,000 employees worldwide (90% of its staff work in countries served by the organization).
The duration of the WPF Internship will stay 2 to 8 months and you will get a Good Monthly Stipend from the WPF. World Food Programme (WFP) works in 117 countries. In conflict situations, we bring relief to exhausted populations and use food assistance to build pathways to peace and stability. Our operations are entirely funded through the generous voluntary contributions of donor governments. A total of 93% of all government contributions go directly to supporting life-saving and life-changing Tasks.
Details About WFP Internship Program
- Organization: World Food Program
- Duration:2 and 8 Months
- For: Undergraduate/Graduate
- Financial Coverage: Fully Funded
- Deadline: Varies from Position to Position
Fields of study for world food programme internship
This internship program includes students and recent graduates from the most diverse fields of knowledge. The areas of study with the highest demand in this program are:
- Civil Engineering
- Social Sciences
- Business Administration
- Human Resources
- International affairs
- A Stipend of a Maximum of $1000/Month
- Travel Tickets Reimbursement will be given to the candidates of developing countries.
- Subject knowledge will be enhanced through performing the tasks in a real-life environment.
Eligibility Criteria for the WFP Internship
- Currently enrolled in a recognized university or graduated in the last six months
- Completed at least 2 years of undergraduate studies
- Motivated, team player, and open to new challenges
- Working knowledge of English (other UN languages are a plus)
- Interested in learning and taking a first step in the humanitarian sector
How to apply
The internship application process is done via the WFP E-recruitment System, where all openings are published, and comprises the following steps:
- Initial registration;
- Filling out the candidate profile (academic and professional background);
- Search for an opening in your field of interest;
Phases of the selection process
The selection process may vary depending on the department or office to which the intern is applying, but generally comprises the following steps:
- Creating a profile and preparing an application;
- Evaluation of the application;
- Competency-based interview;
- Selection notifications.