Victoria University Postgraduate Research Scholarships are awarded to graduate researchers on the basis of academic merit and research potential. Domestic and international students can now apply for the new Victoria University Graduate Research Scholarship, which is officially accepting applications. The research fields covered by the 2022 Postgraduate Research Scholarships are diverse. Open to brilliant students from all over the world.
The goal of these scholarships is to encourage high-quality research by aiding individuals with outstanding academic credentials who want to engage in postgraduate research programs.
Brief description | Postgraduate Research Scholarships at Victoria University
- Scholarship Sponsor(s): Victoria University and RTPSS International
- Host Institution(s): Victoria University, Australia
- Scholarship Worth: Varies
- Number of Awards: Several
- Study Level: Postgraduate (Masters, PhD)
- Nationality: Domestic and International students
- Demonstrate academic excellence and conduct research that is within an area of Health research in one of the four iHeS research programs.
- Enroll as a full-time student (Part-time awards may be available for compelling social or medical reasons)
- Have an average final year or Honours year grade of H1 (VU standard 80% or above)
- Have their enrolment into the proposed degree approved by the institution during scholarship ranking.
- Meet the University’s English language proficiency requirements for enrolment in a research degree – see website: https://www.vu.edu.au/international-students/applyand-accept/entry-requirements for further details.
- Be commencing a Master’s Degree (Research)or Doctoral degree in the next academic year
Postgraduate Research Scholarships is focused at the following research areas and their field of research (FoR) codes are placed in front of each research areas:
- Applied Economics “1402”
- Applied Mathematics “0102”
- Artificial Intelligence and Image Processing “0801”
- Business and Management “1503”
- Chemical Engineering “0904”
- Civil Engineering “0905”
- Cultural Studies “2002”
- Curriculum and Pedagogy “1302”
- Distributed Computing “0805”
- Ecology “0602”
- Education Systems “1301”
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering “0906”
- Food Sciences “0908”
- Historical Studies “2103”
- Human Movement and Sports Science “1106”
- Information Systems “0806”
- Law “1801”
- Mechanical Engineering “0913”
- Medical Physiology “1116”
- Nursing “1110”
- Psychology “1701”
- Public Health and Health Services “1117”
- Sociology “1608”
- Specialist Studies in Education “1303”
- Tourism “1506”
Beneficiaries of the VUIPRS get a grant of $27,600 per annum (2019 rate) which covers for living expenses for the length of the grant. Moreover, every beneficiary gets a RTP Fee Offset grant to cover educational cost expenses for the length of the grant. OSHC will likewise be secured.
How to Apply
Through the scholarship application portal, interested candidates can submit an application for Postgraduate Research Scholarships at Victoria University in Australia.
A research proposal and CV will be required for submission by all Higher Degree by Research candidates. The proposition should be typed on an A4 document and must be comprehensive enough; about 1-2 pages. It should contain:
- Title page
- Name and College of your nominated supervisor (on the title page)
- Significance of the research
- Methodology and research techniques
- Facilities and equipment required.
Your CV must include:
- Your instructive capabilities and academic qualifications
- Most significant and breakthrough proficient work involvement and work experience
- And, possibly, a list of recent research publications