For fee-paying overseas students applying to Uppsala University Global Scholarship for international Bachelor’s or Master’s programs, there are a number of scholarships available each year.
While some scholarships are open to both Master’s and Bachelor’s applicants, some are designed especially for students who are applying to one of Uppsala University’s Master’s programs. All inhabitants of nations outside the European Union (EU), European Economic Area (EEA), or Switzerland are eligible for some scholarships, while others are only available to nationals of specific nations.
The scholarships that are open for applications may change each year. Each year, a different set of nationalities are eligible for the King Carl Gustaf Scholarship. Be sure to read the details of each scholarship carefully and comprehend the requirements before submitting your application(s). If you meet the requirements for each scholarship, you may apply for more than one. In a single scholarship application form, you include all the scholarships you’re vying for.
Only on-campus programs with a primary focus on Uppsala University or on Gotland are eligible for the scholarships. Scholarships are only given out for programs that applicants to universityadmissions.se apply for.
The Joint Nordic Master’s Programme in Environmental Law, the Master’s Programme in Turkic Studies, the Master’s Programme in Religion in Peace and Conflict, the Master’s Programme in Implementation, Transformative Learning and Sustainability, and the Master’s Programme in Biology NABiS Nordic Master in Biodiversity and Systematics, however, are not eligible for scholarship awards.
Summary of Uppsala University Global Scholarship 2023-24
- Scholarship type: Partially funded
- Degree Level: Master’s
- University: Uppsala University
- Location: Sweden
- Admission Start Date: October 17, 2022
- Admission Deadline: January 16, 2023
- Scholarship Application opening date: January 17, 2023
- Scholarship Application Deadline: February 1, 2023 23:59 CET (Afghanistan Time: February 2, 2022 – 02:29:59 AM)
- Eligible Nationalities: All countries outside the EU/EEA and Switzerland
Fields of Study:
- Natural Sciences & Mathematics
- Social Sciences
- Environmental Studies & Earth Sciences
- Engineering & Technology
- Business & Management
- Computer Science & IT
- Medicine & Health
- Hospitality, Leisure & Sports
- Arts, Design & Architecture
- Agriculture & Forestry
- Applied Sciences & Professions
- Education & Training
- Journalism & Media
Benefits of Uppsala University Global Scholarship:
- The scholarships will pay for the entire cost of tuition at Uppsala University.
- Living expenses are not covered by the scholarships.
Eligibility Criteria for Uppsala University Global Scholarship:
- You must be a citizen of a nation that is not a member of the European Union, the European Economic Area, or Switzerland.
- You must have academic ability and a desire to be in an educational environment.
- Only a Master’s program at Uppsala University can be given an Uppsala University Global Scholarship as a first priority (the program which you have ranked the highest of the four program you can choose at University Admissions).
- Before the University Admissions deadline, you must have applied for the Master’s program.
- You must meet the prerequisites for the Master’s program for which you apply.
- Before the deadline, University Admissions must receive your application fee and any supporting documentation.
Admission Required Documents:
- Official transcripts
- Bachelor’s diploma (or proof of expected graduation, if you are in your final year of Bachelor’s studies)
- Proof of English proficiency
- A statement of purpose
- Letter of recommendation
- Application summary sheet
- Copy or summary of Bachelor’s thesis
- and other program-specific supporting document(s) (according to the program you want to apply for)
Scholarship Application Requirements:
- Motivation letter explaining why you should be awarded the scholarship (max. 350 words)
How to apply for Uppsala University Global Scholarship?
To be considered for a scholarship, you must first apply to Uppsala University for Master’s degree program by January 16, 2023. Uppsala University’s program should be your primary priority. Following this, the scholarship application period begins.
When applying for scholarships at Uppsala University, there is no application fee. There is, however, an application fee when applying for study programs. During the scholarship application period, you must submit an online application form to be considered for one of the scholarships. During the scholarship application period (17 January – 1 February 2023), access to the application form will be available on the following pages.
Master’s Program Application Guide
Apply for Master’s Degree Program