UK Student Visa Rejection Reasons: UK Student Visa is important for all students planning to move to the UK for higher education! Do you know many students who get an admit to their dream university have to stay back in the country because their Visa application gets rejected?
This Blog Includes
UK Student Visa Rejection Reasons
If you are someone who is yet to apply for UK Visa, then this blog is for you! Read on to know some common mistakes that students make along with UK student Visa rejection reasons!
Common Reasons for UK Visa Rejection
While applying for UK Visa, make sure you follow the guidelines properly. All the mentioned instructions are to be followed. Cross-check your application before submitting it. Given below are some common UK Student Visa rejection reasons based on the application:
-Submitting soft copies or duplicate copies of the original documents
-Submitting incomplete documents
-Failure in the credibility interview
-Not meeting the strict student UK Visa rules, for example, not meeting or -maintaining the required funds in your account for 28 days
-Failure to meet financial requirements for the courses you opt for
-Violation of Visa conditions on the previous visit
-Visa denial or Visa refusal due to Past Criminal records.
Additional UK Student Visa Rejection Reasons
Here are some additional UK Student Visa rejection reasons:
-Failure to submit an ATAS certification (if your course is subjected to this particular requirement)
-Submitting old or expired financial documents or submitting financial documents of your relatives (i.e. non-parental financial documents)
-Mistakes and eligible forms – This common reason refers to the mistake students make to fill the Visa form with a casual approach that results in refusal of your form or pending of your form for 6 months.
-Another common reason is failing to describe the purpose of the Visa application, the inability to state the correct visa category, stating an unclear visa journey, also not stating the intent of issuing your Visa application all lead to an erroneous or eligible visa form.
-Failure to provide relationship documents: whether you are going with your dependants or spouse or going as dependants or spouse. Evidence of your relationship with the visa applicant is a must and it could lead to a refusal for lack of evidence.
-Inability to respond to the Home Office request or queries on time or given deadlines.
What to do After UK Student Visa Rejection?
- Reapply after refusal of an entry clearance application
- opt for reconsideration, which has a limited scope and is only possible for certain types of leave to remain applications.
- Appeal if there is a right of appeal. For instance, an applicant can file an immigration appeal against a spouse’s visa refusal on human rights grounds. However, the immigration appeal time limit is 10, 5, and 28 days for in-country, detention, and entry clearance appeals.
- File an Administrative Review (AR), which is mostly available after refusal of point-based (PBS), leave to remain, and ILR application with no right of appeal. Therefore, it is not available to certain types of applicants such as visitors, spouses, family settlements, etc. Moreover, an applicant needs to file an Administrative Review within 28 or 14 days after the UK visa refusal letter.
- Opt for Judicial Review (JR) if there is no right of appeal and there are errors in the decision. Moreover, if an applicant has a right to an AR, then can only file a judicial review after AR. However, an applicant should file a judicial review promptly and, in any event, within 3 months of the UK visa refusal letter.
Tips to Avoid UK Student Visa Rejection
Hope you understood the most common UK Student Visa rejection reasons. Now let us take you through some simple ways to avoid these mistakes:
-Make sure that you know how much money you need to show for your visa application.
-Ensure that the required amount has been saved in your (or your parents’) bank account for at least 28 continuous days before you submit your visa application.
Make sure that the money in the account has not dipped below the required level, even for one day during the last 28 days.
-Make sure that your financial evidence is recent, the statement or bank letter is issued within 31 days, at the time you apply for your visa.