Top Universities in USA: The United States of America has long been a dream destination for people seeking high-quality higher education. When it comes to intellectual strength, the country lives up to its title as a “superpower.” It has given birth to many contemporary world leaders, not simply its native leaders. In any field, there are institutes in the United States that provide excellent education as well as satisfying work experience. Because of this trait, many bright kids from other nations immigrate to the United States and later reside in the country, contributing to the country’s pool of superior human resources. So, with the assistance of this post, let us try to grasp what makes the institutions in the country so unique and review some of the top colleges in the United States.
Top Universities in the USA: Eligibility Criteria
When researching the best universities in the United States, it is critical to consider how students might gain admission to those institutions. While top institutes are naturally tough, here is a set of criteria to assist you decide the trajectory of your efforts:
- Naturally, students must have a valid USA student Visa with validity as long as the educational venture. This includes the course term, as well as any work experience that the students may seek in the USA.
- For undergraduate courses, students must have good academic performance in their high school exams. Similarly, for masters, students must have a decent score in their graduation course.
- Most universities require students to appear for an ability test. At the undergraduate level, SATs are a commonly accepted aptitude test for a variety of courses, especially in the USA. At the postgraduate level, tests like GMAT and GRE are given adequate weightage.
- English proficiency exams like IELTS and TOEFL are a must not just for the USA, but for any predominantly English-speaking country.
- All universities in the USA have slight variations in their application procedure and requirements, hence it is highly advisable to visit the website of preferred universities so as to be prepared with all the requirements for the university.
Note: In the light of present situations owing to the spread of the coronavirus pandemic, the US authorities have made changes in their immigration and visa policies. The universities have also temporarily changed their course term and timings. Students are advised to stay updated about the present scenario and take steps accordingly.
Perks of Studying in Universities in the USA
The United States has risen to such prominence in the world over the years that its educational competence is no longer in question. Aside from its world-class living conditions and efficient course structure, the United States education system offers a number of aspects that attract students from all over the world to pursue a degree in the land of opportunity. Here are a few examples:
- Pursuing higher education in the United States comes with the potential for all students to live the first-world lifestyle. It is not only rewarding, but also a learning experience for kids as they learn how to handle themselves more professionally and personally.
- For good reason, universities in the United States top the rankings chart every year. Universities in the United States are currently the most prolific in developing polished talent for a wide range of topics and sectors. Individuals with degrees from major universities not only have a niche in the eyes of recruiters due to the enormous brand value of American universities, but they are also recognized all over the world.
- While typical tuition fees for students may be exorbitant, American colleges provide numerous scholarship options to both domestic and international students to study in the United States. Students with natural advantages may have an easier time obtaining a scholarship to pursue their studies.
- Individuals who do not want to be limited to a master’s degree should seriously consider pursuing further education in the United States. The research possibilities and resources offered by universities are unsurpassed in the world. A degree from the United States can make it easier to seek a PhD in the same nation or even at the same university.
|Universities||Location||QS World University Rankings- 2022|
|Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)||Cambridge||1|
|California Institute of Technology (Caltech)||Pasadena||6|
|University of Chicago||Chicago||10|
|University of Pennsylvania||Philadelphia||13|
|Yale University||New Haven||=14|
|Columbia University||New York City||19|
|University of Michigan-Ann Arbor||Ann Arbor||=23|
|Johns Hopkins University||Baltimore||25|
|The University of California, Berkeley (UCB)||Berkeley||32|
|University of California, Los Angeles||Los Angeles||40|
|New York University (NYU)||New York City||42|
|University of California, San Diego||San Diego||48|
|Carnegie Mellon University||Pittsburgh||=53|
|The University of Texas at Austin||Austin||67|
|University of Wisconsin-Madison||Madison||=75|
|University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign||Champaign||=82|
|University of Washington||Seattle||=85|
|Georgia Institute of Technology||Atlanta||88|
|Pennsylvania State University||University Park||96|
|The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill||Chapel Hill||100|
|Washington University in St. Louis||St. Louis||107|
|University of Southern California||Los Angeles||=112|
|Purdue University||West Lafayette||116|
|The Ohio State University||Columbus||120|
|University of California, Davis||Davis||=138|
|University of California, Santa Barbara||Santa Barbara||146|
|University of Rochester||Rochester||154|
|Michigan State University||East Lansing||157|
|University of Maryland, College Park||College Park||158|
|Case Western Reserve University||Cleveland||=161|
|University of Pittsburgh||Pittsburgh||=163|
|Texas A & M University||College Station||=168|
|University of Florida||Gainesville||=173|
|University of Minnesota, Twin Cities||Minneapolis||=186|
|Arizona State University||Phoenix||=216|
|University of Notre Dame||Notre Dame||222|
|University of Virginia||Charlottesville||=226|
|University of California, Irvine||Irvine||232|