The Imperial College London President’s PhD Scholarships 2023–24 are a major draw for bright students interested in PhD programmes. The possibility for PhD scholars to continue their research and study under the guidance of eminent supervisors is exceptional thanks to these fully-funded fellowships. By inviting scholars from all over the world, the Imperial College London scholarship programme seeks to promote diversity. Furthermore, the research scholarships in the UK enable great brains to enrol in top universities without having to worry about their history or financial situation. This is so that Imperial College London can realise its goal of a more just and progressive society and globe.
The highly selective PhD scholarship programme helps Imperial College London carry out its mission to advance equality and diversity. Thus, the President’s PhD Scholarship Program draws all PhD candidates with outstanding and distinctive academic careers and promise for future research activity. Additionally, Imperial College London offers specific support to students with disabilities so they can pool their knowledgeable minds with other academics. Thus, the scholarships offered by Imperial College serve two purposes: they assist the local populations and enhance the institution’s reputation, which may encourage diversity and equality.
The President’s scholarships in Europe give the recipients the opportunity to study in a setting that is very encouraging. At Imperial College, students have full access to all cutting-edge teaching resources, including online courses. In order to produce the best influencers of the future, Imperial College London’s PhD students are also caring for their mental health and wellbeing. Additionally, the Imperial community gave the overseas students in the UK its entire support for their welfare, support, and aid.
The PhD scholarships at Imperial College London give eager and promising students the possibility to attend a top university that has established its legitimacy by winning various awards. These distinctions include Athena Silver Swan Award Winner, Member of Peace Equality Charter, and Stonewall Diversity Champion. This renowned prize is awarded to up to 50 of the brightest research scholars who have excelled in their undergraduate and graduate studies. The eligibility requirements for this PhD grant are stricter than those for other fully-funded scholarships in Europe or the UK because it is based on significant competitiveness. The following essay has been designed to provide students with complete guidance on the eligibility requirements and successful application procedures for this scholarship in London.
President’s PhD Scholarships 2023-24:
- Imperial College London
- PhD Programs
PhD Scholarship Duration:
- Up to 3.5 years
No. of Scholarships:
- 50 Research Scholarships in the UK
Benefits of the President’s PhD Scholarships 2023-24:
- The grant covers the full tuition fee for PhD program.
- The scholars will receive a stipend of £22,900 per year to meet the living cost.
- The scholars will receive a consumable fluid of £2000 per year for the first three years of their PhD program.
- The students will relieve tailored assistance i.e. assistance to the students with disabilities and visa assistance to the international students.
- International students will have free “English Language Courses” and access to different clubs, and communities of the college.
Eligibility Criteria of President’s PhD Scholarships 2023-24:
- The candidates can be from any nationality.
- The candidates must have a first-class bachelor’s or master’s UK degree or equivalent.
- The candidates who have stand-alone master’s degrees must have or are about to have a distinction in their relevant program.
- The candidates who have multiple standalone master’s degrees, one of their degrees has the distinction as well as must be relevant to their proposed PhD program.
- Only those candidates will be eligible who have contacted the supervisor and have received confirmation of their assistance in research work candidates.
- Only the New PhD Students are eligible, candidates who are already studying PhD program at Imperial College London are not eligible.
How to Apply for President’s PhD Scholarships in the UK 2023-24?
- The candidates do not have to apply separately for scholarships and admission.
- The candidates have to apply for admission online on the College’s Online Admissions System.
- While writing the personal statement, the first page must include the personal interest and the second page must include the research proposal.
- Write your personal statement in the first person.
- For the scholarship, the candidates have to select the funding section from the additional questions tab.
- Every department has different requirements, make sure to fulfill all the additional requirements of the department carefully.
Required Documents for President’s PhD Scholarships:
- Proof of distinction.
- Academic Certificates or degrees.
- Research Proposal.
- Reference Letters (Pdf for reference letter specimen/requirements).
Imperial College London Scholarship Application Deadlines:
There are three different deadlines for this scholarship.
- 4 November 2022: Scholarship notification by 23 January 2023.
- 6 January 2023: Scholarship notification by 20 March 2023.
- 3 March 2023: Scholarship notification by 22 May 2023.