For undergraduate and graduate students who want to pursue careers in genetics and related fields abroad, the NIG summer internship program 2023 in Japan offers funded internship opportunities. The goal of this internship program with NIG Japan is to support emerging researchers from all over the world. It is a glimmer of hope for international students in a time when the world has already been rocked by numerous crises. By involving them in a wide range of academic activities, the intellectual young scholars are encouraged to join this program in order to ensure that there is mutual cooperation and technological excellence among the various global communities. Additionally, as a global leader in technology, Japan actively trains research scholars through its technology-driven development initiatives.
A month of hands-on experience in East Asia is included in the research internship in Japan, which is overseen by the National Institute of Genetics. This creative program aims to change the world for the better by encouraging young people to form a network of progressive people. Talented people could then contribute to transforming the world in line with the demands of competitive modern technological advancements. Students who participate in the summer internship program receive training in scientific research and communication as well as lab visits with the goal of discussing the facts and questions with the specific host investigators. Following program completion, students will receive a certificate and be required to present at the NG-Intern reports symposium, sharing their experiences.
The NIG internship program in Japan enables gifted and committed students to advance their professional development while honing skills that they may pick up throughout their careers in Japan. Additionally, it enables brilliant researchers to collaborate with a variety of individuals and establish their positions in a global community. Additionally, the program gives students the professional skills they need to use technological methodologies and approaches to potentially solve important global problems. It encourages young people to be academically capable and instills in them a sense of social responsibility. The interns will have the opportunity to take part in a variety of events, such as journal clubs, research seminars, and lectures for graduate programs, which are either organized by internal NIG faculty or by external faculty. Students who are passionate about learning Japanese are also given the chance to participate in Japanese language classes.
Under the guidance of highly qualified research scholars, students will have the opportunity to conduct independent research as part of the funded Japanese internship program in 2023. Within the more general field of genetics, the National Institute of Genetics creates new research fields. Additionally, the institute connects regions to continents and facilitates communities with a variety of research infrastructures. Multiple systems are provided to prospective students to improve their research capacities. The institute is eager to actively share the benefits of genetics with the communities in terms of its social contribution. Additionally, it unites business and academia. In this way, highly developed technological abilities are transferred to sectors of the economy in developing countries.
NIG Summer Internship in Japan 2023:
- National Institute of Genetics (NIG)/ Department of Genetics, SOKENDAI
- The duration of the NIGINTERN program is 6 Weeks.
- The NIG internship for international students in Japan will run from June 15 – July 26, 2023
- Undergraduate students
- Postgraduate students
Benefits of the NIG Summer Internship 2023:
- International round trip airfare from home country to Japan.
- Accommodation allowance at the guesthouse of the institute will be provided.
- A certificate of completion will be provided.
Eligibility Criteria of the NIG summer internship program 2023 in Japan:
- Candidates must be passionate enough to exploration in the field of life sciences.
- Candidates can be third-year graduates of four years bachelor’s programs.
- Candidates can be fourth-year graduates of five-year bachelor’s programs.
- Candidates can be second-year graduates of this year’s bachelor’s program.
- Candidates can be students in the first year of two years master’s program.
- Candidates must agree to Conform to the regulations of the institute.
- Candidates must be able to maintain the confidentiality of information.
- Candidates must be able to submit an essay and a questionnaire at the end of their internship tenure.
- Candidates must be willing to submit all the boarding pass stubs of flights availed by the NIG.
How to Apply for the NIG summer internship program 2023 in Japan?
- The applicants have to apply through NIG online application form.
- Candidates must register their accounts for applying.
- A candidate should have all the related documents before applying.
Required Documents for the NIG Internship 2023 in Japan:
- Detailed CV.
- Letter of motivation or self-advertisement.
- Copy of Academic transcripts.
- Two recommendation letters from the teachers.
- The application deadline for the NIG summer internship program 2023 in Japan is till January 6, 2023 (Japan standard time, JST).