For the class of 2023’s spring intake, international students can now apply for the New Zealand Government Scholarships (Fully-funded ) for all courses and degree levels.
Living in New Zealand has several advantages in addition to being a stunning nation. Due to its high educational standards and the great worth of the degrees earned, students favour studying here. Therefore, if you want to apply to universities in this country, you’re in luck because the New Zealand Government Scholarships are currently accepting applications. The New Zealand Ministry of Foreign Affairs & Trade is responsible for fully funding this scholarship. Students can submit free applications to numerous respectable universities for their undergraduate, master’s, or doctoral degrees.
List of 8 Universities where New Zealand Government Scholarship is Offered:
This New Zealand Government Scholarship opportunity is available to 130 countries and for each country, five scholarships will be granted to those who stand out the most. The candidates will have 8 colleges to choose from and these are as follows:
- University of Otago
- Lincoln University New Zealand
- University of Auckland
- Auckland University of Technology
- Massey University
- Victoria University of Wellington
- University on Canterbury
- University of Waikato
Details New Zealand Government Scholarships for International Students
Types of New Zealand Government Scholarships:
The government of New Zealand offers scholarships to eligible citizens from developing countries to study for free at Universities situated in New Zealand. We have compiled the following list of all the NZ Gov scholarships open for applications by New Zealand’s Government institutions for international students:
#1 New Zealand Scholarships for undergraduate and postgraduate study
These are full tertiary NZ scholarships for eligible international students to study full-time at a New Zealand education institution.
#2 New Zealand Short Term Training Scholarships for Pacific and Timor-Leste citizens
These are short scholarships for skills training and on-the-job work experience for workers from eligible Pacific countries and from Timor-Leste.
#3 New Zealand Short Term Scholarships for citizens of Southeast Asia and Timor-Leste
These are short scholarships for skills training for workers from eligible Southeast Asian countries and from Timor-Leste.
#4 New Zealand English Language Training for Officials Scholarships (NZELTO)
These are short scholarships for government officials from eligible African and Asian countries to come to New Zealand for English language training.
New Zealand Government Scholarships Benefits
The winners of the New Zealand Government Scholarship 2022-2023 will receive the following benefits:
- New Zealand will sponsor their full tuition fees
- living allowance (a stipend) of NZ$491 per week. This will help with a scholar’s basic living expenses, but it is not enough to cover the living costs of any family members
- an establishment allowance of NZ$3000. This is to help with set-up costs in New Zealand. For example, you can use it for accommodation expenses, textbooks, or other study materials
- and medical insurance when you are in New Zealand
- and travel to and from your own country. This is for travel from your own country at the start of the scholarship, and for return travel at the end of your scholarship
- travel insurance
- travel home during your scholarship (We allow for one or two trips home, depending on the length of your scholarship)
- help with research and thesis costs for many postgraduate students
New Zealand Government Scholarships Eligibility Criteria:
- You must complete the eligibility questionnaire from the website before you can apply for a Scholarship.
- To apply for a full New Zealand Scholarship, you must be 18 years old or older when you start your scholarship
- Only people who successfully get a New Zealand Scholarship need to apply for a student visa. But all applicants should check if they are likely to meet the student visa requirements before applying for a scholarship.
- Successful scholarship applicants must meet both the academic entry requirements and the English language requirements determined by each education institution.
- Postgraduate scholarship applicants or applicants, who finished high school a few years ago, must have relevant work experience.
Documents Needed for New Zealand Scholarship Application:
The application for the New Zealand Government Scholarship is accompanied by the required list of academic certifications and other relevant documents. Students find it extremely difficult to arrange all those documents ahead of time in proper shape and order.
So, this guide of ours will help you to start preparing your Scholarship Application Documents for New Zealand’s Government Financial Aid Program. Please pay attention to this scholarship application document checklist prior to starting the online application process for New Zealand’s Scholarship:
- A certified copy of the personal pages of your passport (or an alternative form of photo identification if you do not hold a passport).
- Certified copies of your academic transcripts and completion certificates (in English) for all qualifications you have completed or are completing (where applicable), including the grade assessment schedule used at each institution.
- Where available, certified copies of your International English proficiency test results, such as International English Language Testing System (IELTS) or Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), from within the last 18 months; or
- Scholarship CV (In English)
- a current job description stating your position title and outlining your responsibilities and duties, if you are employed (in English).
- The research proposal in order to propose your innovative idea
- Motivation Letter enlisting key points on why you are eligible for New Zealand Scholarships
- Statement of Purpose (SOP)
- Two original Recommendation Letters by previous professors
- A valid copy of the passport
- Intent Letter
- English Proficiency Certificate
New Zealand Scholarship Application Deadline: October 5, 2022
The deadline for the New Zealand Government Scholarship is October 5, 2022, for spring 2023 intake. Therefore, it is seen vital that the candidate keeps a check on the deadline from the official website of the program.