Mitacs Globalink Research Internship 2023 is a Canadian initiative that teaches Canadian research methods and procedures to international students in order to empower and educate them. International students can participate in a 12-week research programme in Canada through the Globalink Research internship programme, which is supervised by academics or staff from Canadian universities working in a variety of fields. The summer internships in science, engineering, math, the humanities, and social sciences can be continued by the interns. Many interdisciplinary and collaborative research projects are part of the fully-funded international internship, allowing students to look for projects in both specialised and broad areas.
In nearly 70 universities across Canada, the Mitacs internship is completely financed. The research programmes involve numerous academic partners from different parts of the world. While completing their internship assignments in a Canadian institution, the best internships in Canada also present the ideas and methods of the academic partners. Universities Australia, the Araucaria Foundation of Brazil, The China Scholarship Council, Columbia’s Ministry of Science, Technology, and Innovation, Fulbright Canada, Universities UK International, and others are among the academic partners. The Globalink internship programme is supported by these foreign partners.
The fully-funded internship programme in Canada offers students from various universities a venue to collaborate on a project. Because they interact with people from other nations and institutions during this paid international internship, the students have the chance to experience life-altering opportunities. They are able to create a global network of Mitacs Globalink graduates through this collaborative internship and work together for a brighter future. For instance, a Harvard student collaborated with a lab at Queen’s University to develop a tool for quick detection of the microorganisms responsible for Lyme disease. Similar to this, Yukon University and University of Alberta researchers are collaborating with mining firms to reintroduce vegetation to Yukon mines.
To entice outstanding researchers from Mitacs partners in Canada, a highly competitive programme called the Global Research Internship for International Students has been launched. The internship’s primary goal is to create a connection between Canada and the next generation of international researchers. During their time as interns in Canada, Mitacs also gives them the chance to attend professional development seminars and government and industry events. As a result, the interns are able to more completely appreciate the advantages of the Mitacs Globalink Canada internship programme, which aids in their knowledge and skill growth. Additionally, research reveals that 95% of interns speak favourably about the effects of their internship. Additionally, graduates of this internship who intend to finish their education in Canada are eligible for the Globalink Graduate Fellowship.
- 12-Week International Internship for students in Canada
Benefits of the Matics Internship 2023 in Canada:
- The internees will get a chance to do their research with Canadian professors and universities.
- The internees will get a stipend for student enrollment fees that will be up to a maximum of $300.
- Round-trip airfare to Canada will be given.
- The interns will be provided with transportation from the airport in Canada to their place of accommodation.
- Students will be given a stipend for housing.
- Health insurance will be covered.
- The interns will get free registration for industry events and professional development courses.
- A Globalink Research Completion Certificate will be provided.
- The applicant must be a full-time undergraduate or undergraduate/master’s student from an eligible institution.
The applicant must be from an eligible country.
- Australia, Brazil, China, Colombia, France, Germany, Hong Kong, India, Mexico, Taiwan, Tunisia, Ukraine, United Kingdom, and the United States.
- The applicant must be at least 18 years of age.
- The applicant must have one or three remaining semesters as of Fall 2023.
- The applicant must be available for a 12-week internship in Canada.
- The applicants have to apply online through the Global student platform.
- If the applicant’s program is not clearly mentioned in the list, he/she must search with multiple keywords in different disciplines. The applicant can search in both general and specific categories. If the university is still not appearing then contact h[email protected]
- You must apply for a minimum of three and a maximum of seven projects in at least three Canadian provinces.
- There is no submit button, you must have completed your application carefully, at the date of clothing.
- It is recommended to complete the application at least two working days before the deadline.
- The applicant’s reference letter must be from his/her professor who is currently supervising his/her in the home country.
- Do not forget to save your application before leaving the application page.
- A CV
- Your official transcript in English or French
- Personal Statement
- At least 1 reference letter
- A Valid Passport
- Research Experience
Mitacs Internship Application Deadline:
- The application deadline for the Mitacs paid summer internship program 2022 is September 22, 2022.