Mitacs Global Summer Internship 2023 is a Canadian initiative aimed at empowering and educating international students through the teaching of Canadian research methods and procedures. The Globalink Research internship in Canada for international students provides interns with a 12-week research program overseen by Canadian University professors or facility members in a variety of areas. Interns in science, engineering, math, humanities, and social sciences can continue their summer internships. The fully-funded foreign internship also contains numerous multidisciplinary and collaborative research projects, so students can look for topics in both specialized and broad areas.
Mitacs internships are available at nearly 70 universities across Canada. Many academic partners from around the world are also involved in the research programs. While completing their internship assignments at a Canadian institution, the top internship in Canada also gives the academic partners with ideas and methodologies. Universities Australia, Brazil’s Araucaria Foundation, The China Scholarship Council, Columbia’s Ministry of Science, Technology, and Innovation, Fulbright Canada, and Universities UK International are among the academic partners. The Globalink internship program is supported by these foreign partners.
The fully-funded internship in Canada provides a platform for students from various universities to collaborate on a project. This international paid internship provides students with life-changing chances because it brings them into contact with people from other nations and institutes. They will be able to develop a global network of Mitacs Globalink graduates through this Collaborative internship and collaborate for a brighter future. A Harvard student, for example, collaborated with a Queen’s University lab to develop an instrument for quick screening of microorganisms that cause Lyme disease. Likewise, academics from the University of Alberta and Yukon University are collaborating with mining corporations to restore vegetation to Yukon mines.
- 12-Week International Internship for students in Canada
Benefits of the Matics Internship 2023 in Canada:
- The internees will get a chance to do their research with Canadian professors and universities.
- The internees will get a stipend for student enrollment fees that will be up to a maximum of $300.
- Round-trip airfare to Canada will be given.
- The interns will be provided with transportation from the airport in Canada to their place of accommodation.
- Students will be given a stipend for housing.
- Health insurance will be covered.
- The interns will get free registration for industry events and professional development courses.
- A Globalink Research Completion Certificate will be provided.
- The applicant must be a full-time undergraduate or undergraduate/master’s student from an eligible institution.
- The applicant must be from an eligible country.
- Australia, Brazil, China, Colombia, France, Germany, Hong Kong, India, Mexico, Taiwan, Tunisia, Ukraine, United Kingdom, and the United States.
- The applicant must be at least 18 years of age.
- The applicant must have one or three remaining semesters as of Fall 2023.
- The applicant must be available for a 12-week internship in Canada.
- The applicants have to apply online through the Global student platform.
- If the applicant’s program is not clearly mentioned in the list, he/she must search with multiple keywords in different disciplines. The applicant can search in both general and specific categories. If the university is still not appearing then contact helpdesk [@] mitacs.ca
- You must apply for a minimum of three and a maximum of seven projects in at least three Canadian provinces.
- There is no submit button, you must have completed your application carefully, at the date of clothing.
- It is recommended to complete the application at least two working days before the deadline.
- The applicant’s reference letter must be from his/her professor who is currently supervising his/her in the home country.
- Do not forget to save your application before leaving the application page.
- A CV
- Your official transcript in English or French
- Personal Statement
- At least 1 reference letter
- A Valid Passport
- Research Experience
Mitacs Internship Application Deadline:
- The application deadline for the Mitacs paid summer internship program 2022 is September 22, 2022.