Equipped with world-class universities and economical educational costs, Malaysia is consistently emerging as a preferred destination for studying abroad. Especially when it comes to the field of medicine, the country assures a deeply embedded exposure to become a certified medical practitioner with MBBS in Malaysia. The universities are ranked among the top 200 high-class educational institutions maintaining higher standards of education and infinite prospects in the field of medicine. (Read MBA in Malaysia)
This Blog Includes
MBBS in Malaysia: An Overview
An MBBS degree in Malaysia comprises a 5-year long course that consists of pre-clinical training and clinical training.
- Pre-Clinical Training comprises of learning theoretical basics of medical sciences for a period of two years.
- Clinical Training is divided into two phases:
- In the first year, the students undergo the process of learning clinical skills.
- For the remaining two years, every student is allotted work at the University’s clinical campuses for gaining overall real-time experience as a medical trainee.
Further, if you are aiming for specialization, you have to first gather experience, working as a medical officer, and opt for a postgraduate degree as well as supervised and comprehensive training in your chosen specialization which will take another 4-5 years.
Why You Should Pursue MBBS in Malaysia?
Being a multicultural hub, Malaysia has been considered as a key study abroad destination with its focus on enhancing its educational institutions and its objective to provide higher education at reasonable costs with plenty of opportunities and prospects to explore after completing one’s education. Here are the reasons why Malaysia is an ideal fit for discovering the field and pursuing a career in medicine.
- Malaysian Universities are highly ranked educational institutions with a blended approach of theoretical and practical learning under the guidance of the best of the international faculties.
- Malaysian Universities have several scholarship programs for Pakistani students.
- A major part of the Malaysian population speaks English and the MBBS course is also completely taught in English.
- The estimated cost for a 5-year MBBS is approximately between RM 250, 000 and RM 650, 000. Moreover, living and accommodation costs are low.
Requirements for Applying for MBBS in Malaysia
While the entry requirements for every university might vary, the following are the basic requirements for pursuing MBBS in Malaysia:
- For A-Levels & STPM: Essential Requirement of BBB/ABC/AAC in Physics/Mathematics, Chemistry and Biology
- As per Australian Matriculation: Aggregate: 80% and ATAR (including Physics/Mathematics, Chemistry, and Biology): 80
- Pakistani Pre-university: 70% average in aggregate as well as in Physics/Mathematics, Chemistry, and Biology
- Foundation in Science: At least CGPA of 3 in Physics/Mathematics, Biology, and Chemistry along with 5Bs or equivalent majorly in SPM consisting of Physics, Mathematics/Additional Mathematics, Chemistry, and Biology.
Best Medical Colleges in Malaysia
There are various universities offering MBBS in Malaysia and below mentioned are the best ones:
-International Medical University, Kuala Lumpur
-Newcastle University of Medicine
-Penang Medical College
-Cyberjaya University College of Medical Sciences
-RCSI & USD Medical College
-Asian Institute of Medical, Science & Technology
-Lincoln University College
-Kolej Perbatan Manipal Meraka
MBBS in Malaysia Fees
Several universities in Malaysia teach MBBS. The country is famous for affordable universities that do not compromise the learning experience. MBBS in Malaysia is one of the most affordable courses in the world.
MBBS in Malaysia Living Expenses for Pakistani Students
Other than the tuition fees of every school, several institutions offer hostels to international students. The cost of accommodation is included in some universities’ fees for international students while some universities give a choice to students. While hostel charges may vary depending on the university, there are certain facilities that all schools provide:
-Single room or Shared room availability with attached bathrooms
-Facilities like geyser, heater, electricity, water, and security
-University campus has its WiFi connectivity
-Pakistani students can get Pakistani food from the campus canteen
-Every floor has a common kitchen and bathroom
-Laundry charges not included
-Common rooms for entertainment purposes
-Different hostels for men and women
-Strict policies of curfew in some hostels