A Master of Business Administration, or MBA, degree teaches students technical, managerial, and valuable business acumen. It is one of the most sought-after courses to accelerate your career trajectory. Malaysia is not only a scenic vacation spot but is also emerging out to be a very popular study destination especially for those aiming to pursue MBA abroad. It is ranked as the 11th most preferred study destination in the world. Low cost of living, affordable program fees are only a few of the reasons that Malaysia is increasingly attracting more MBA abroad aspirants. In this article, we bring you all the relevant information you need, regarding studying MBA in Malaysia.
This Blog Includes
Why is Malaysia a Viable Option?
Malaysia has become one of the favorite MBA abroad spots mainly, because of the Malaysian government’s investment in higher education. Malaysia’s rise as a popular MBA abroad destination is also due to the following reasons:
Internationally recognized degree
Many top universities like MIT, Nottingham, etc, have established their branches in Malaysia. Now, students can reap the benefits of obtaining a foreign degree from a top B-School in Malaysia.
Low cost of living and tuition fees
Business schools in Malaysia offer quality education at fees as low as Rs. 8 lakhs for the entire program and the cost of living is approximately Rs. 2-3 lakhs annually. More MBA aspirants from Pakistan prefer Malaysia as their MBA study destination because they offer quality education at fees as low as Rs. 8 lakhs for the entire program and the cost of living and accommodations are also very budget-friendly.
Easy visa and immigration rules
Candidates do not have to go through stringent visa and immigration rules if they opt for Malaysia. Students are also allowed to work while studying to support their living in Malaysia.
Safe, comfortable, and friendly place, known for its scenic beauty
Malaysia is one of the safest countries in the world with a relatively low crime rate. It offers the ultimate comfortable environment for students. Weather conditions are very favorable which makes Malaysia an attractive option.
High quality of life
Malaysians lead a high-quality life; mainly because it is a newly industrialized nation. The country has great infrastructures, advanced technology, and the universities have world-class campuses and facilities. The country has become an ideal MBA abroad study destination in Asia.
Types of MBA in Malaysia
With both part-time and full-time study options, offered at the top universities in Malaysia, the students have the opportunity to get an MBA in Malaysia at a pace that is right for them.
A regular MBA program is a full-time course where classes convene every weekday. It is taken up normally by students looking to build on their earlier degrees.
Once you have obtained a graduate degree in business, the next step is an Executive MBA (EMBA). An Executive MBA program is a specialized program geared towards professionals who wish to advance their knowledge while working, to get into high-level executive and management positions.
A part-time MBA is an excellent way to enhance business acumen that is vital for a flourishing career. This program is excellent for working professionals who prefer to take classes on weekends or during the evenings while working at some other job.
Internationally Recognised MBA in Malaysia
With top universities like MIT-USA, Monash in Australia, and Nottingham in the UK expanding their branches in Malaysia, MBA abroad aspirants and local students keen on getting a degree from an advanced nation, can now accomplish that in Malaysia.
-Nottingham University Business School Malaysia (NUBS Malaysia)
-Asia School of Business: Collaborates with MIT Sloan School of Management
-The University of Strathclyde, UK – Malaysia Campus
-Swinburne University of Technology, Australia – Malaysia Campus
-Heriot-Watt University- Malaysia Campus
Eligibility Criteria for MBA in Malaysia
Though the actual course guidelines for an MBA program and universities in Malaysia may vary widely, certain general requirements must be kept in mind. Here are the major eligibility requirements for MBA in Malaysia:
-An undergraduate Bachelor’s degree or any equivalent qualification in any field related to the MBA course you are applying for.
-CGPA (typically a minimum of 3.00 out of 4.00)
-Working experience (most universities set this at a minimum of 3 years)
-Passing of English language proficiency exams (such as TOEFL and IELTS)
-Age (some universities set a minimum age requirement)
-GMAT (at least 550) may be required for international MBA programs like the University of Nottingham MBA in Malaysia. Otherwise for most Universities GMAT or GRE score is not required in Malaysia.
The following are the basic and straightforward admissions procedures for foreign students seeking to pursue an MBA in Poland:
- Make a list of the universities to which you want to apply. Go to the university’s official website and make your registration.
- Students are required to fax or email academic qualifications to the concerned college/university for initial approval.
- If your application is approved, you will need to submit the formal application with the scanned copies of your papers and important documents that include the following:
- Passport size photos 7 copies (blue background)
- Attested copies of all your certificates X, XII & Graduate Degree, Mark Sheets.
- Certified copies of the secondary and/or tertiary academic results, i.e. certificates, academic transcripts, etc. If your copies are not in English, please include an English translation.
- Evidence of English Language proficiency
- Ensure at least a one-year validity of your passport.
- Preferably a resume that highlights your work experience, educational qualifications, interests, or additional courses you have done.
- General medical report from home country (No need for blood test report but just a simple health check from your doctor).
- An essay stating your interest in your previous academic journey, why a specific university, why MBA in Malaysia, your career goals, how the course will help you achieve your goals, etc.
- Please take note that the fees need to be paid at later stages.
- After careful verification of the documents, the respective college/university will release the acceptance package, which will be couriered to the agent. The package includes the following:
- Offer letter
- Offer response and payment advice form
- Course fee refund policy
- Student’s copy
- Office copy
- Accommodation booking form
- Arrival services form
- All the required documents will be submitted to the Malaysian Immigration Department for Student Visa application. Once the Student Visa is approved by the Malaysian Immigration Department (usually 6-8 weeks).
- The student shall then proceed to the Malaysian Embassy/Consulate stated on the visa letter to obtain a Single Entry Visa and arrange for flights. The student can submit their Arrival services form once flight details are confirmed.
- Once a student arrives at the college/university, their passport and medical report will be submitted to the Malaysian Immigration Department to endorse their Student Pass into Multiple Entry Student Pass in the passport. This process takes about 3-4 weeks.