Entries for the 2023 KOKUYO DESIGN AWARD are now being accepted. The KOKUYO DESIGN AWARD is an international product design competition that aims to bring together and shape suggestions for projects that will be needed in the future.
The YOKOKU Prize is a special award commemorating the KOKUYO DESIGN AWARD’s 20th anniversary. It will be given to selected student entrants to help them with their future work. “Bringing you a tomorrow you can’t wait for,” says KOKUYO. Following that premise, they will choose up to 20 excellent entrants whose presentation papers give us the impression that their futures will be fascinating. (without passing judgment on the models)
This Blog Includes
Kokuyo Design Award International Product Design Competition 2023
The competition aspires to give expression to the possibilities of design and the power of goods through the process of deeply thinking about the tools people use in their everyday working, learning, and living scenes. Don’t forget to enter your concept for the KOKUYO DESIGN AWARD 2023.
The theme for the KOKUYO DESIGN AWARD 2023 is “embrace.” This word carries meanings like “inclusion” and “hugging.” In that same vein, they are looking for product design proposals that make people feel cheerful and positive by accepting and acknowledging the differences between people and the challenges society is facing.
Prizes and Benefits
- Grand Prix (one winner): ¥2,000,000
- Merit Award (three winners): ¥500,000
- Yokoku Award (up to twenty winners): ¥30,000
The contest organizer will pay expenses incurred by participants for travel and lodging (up to two individuals for group entries).
- Any stationery, furniture or tool used in working, learning and living scenes
- The competition accepts entries from any corporation, individual, or group that fulfills all the following requirements, regardless of their age, sex, occupation, or nationality.
- Must be able to give a presentation at the final judging (March 18, 2023).
- Entry eligibility is limited to those designs never before shown publicly (in Japan, other countries).
- The design includes a proposed solution to some social issue
- The design has components that make people feel positive
- The idea’s uniqueness
- The product design’s feasibility
- The design’s potential to become a product
Check the entry requirements, and then register your entrant information, and design information, and submit your design data using the ENTRY pages on our website.