The ISPA Global Fellowship Program 2023 was established to give young and mid-career performing arts practitioners the opportunity to broaden their worldwide networks through membership and attendance at ISPA Congresses. The Fellows come from a variety of fields, genres, and sorts of arts organisations.
The International Society for the Performing Arts (ISPA) Global Fellowship provides emerging and mid-career leaders from the global performing arts community with one-year access to ISPA’s extensive international network of arts professionals, with special consideration given to applicants from developing economies.
This opportunity is meant for persons who work in professional performing arts management. Those who are truly committed to strengthening the worldwide connectedness of the performing arts business, as well as those who take charge of their own professional development, are most likely to gain.
This Blog Includes
What is the ISPA Global Fellowship Program?
ISPA’s Fellowship Program was created to provide emerging and mid-career performing arts professionals with the opportunity to expand their international networks through membership and attendance at ISPA Congresses. The Fellows represent all disciplines, genres, and types of arts organizations.
Who Should Apply?
Individuals working in the management of the performing arts who are deeply committed to increasing the global connectivity of the industry, and those who take initiative in their own professional development. Those who enjoy engaging with a diverse group of people will be the most successful in the program.
Fellows have the opportunity to engage in the development and exchange of ideas with their peers and leaders from some of the world’s most significant arts organizations, increase their industry knowledge and resources, and share their experience with their communities.
Participants grow their international networks, find new collaborative partners and mentors, and discover renewed inspiration for their careers in the performing arts.
- ISPA Membership: Fellows gain access to all ISPA member benefits including year-round online programming (ISPA convenes and Genius Bar) and exclusive content on the ISPA website and newsletters.
- New York ISPA Congress: Fellows participate in the New York ISPA Congress where they get the opportunity to engage in the development and exchange of ideas with an extensive global community of arts leaders.
- Fellows Seminar Day: Fellows participate in Fellows-specific programming. This programming aims to cement a Fellows network through a series of peer to peer conversations and workshops.
- Community Building Program: Fellows are paired with a current ISPA member as part of ISPA’s Community Building Program. Current members welcome Fellows to ISPA and help facilitate their participation.
- One-year ISPA membership with access to all member benefits
Full Pass registration to the New York 2023 ISPA Congress (January 10 – 12, 2023)
- Travel subsidy which may include per diem, flights, and accommodation to support expenses related to attending the congress
- Introduction to a current ISPA member who will welcome the Fellow to ISPA and help facilitate their participation as part of ISPA’s Community Building Program
The Global Fellowship Program seeks to engage leaders working in the management of all professional performing arts. ISPA accepts applicants from all regions of the world, with particular attention paid to applicants from developing economies.
- Be currently employed/working in the professional performing arts
- Have a minimum of five years professional experience in the performing arts field
- Demonstrate a need for financial assistance
- Ability to fully participate in the New York 2023 ISPA Congress, January 10 – 12, 2023
- Have received no more than two ISPA Global Fellowships in the past*
Note: If one or more of an applicant’s past Fellowships was impacted by the pandemic, an additional term may be considered
How To Apply
Read through the guidelines before you apply.