GIC Undergraduate Scholarship in Singapore is made available to students who ordinarily would not be able to afford tertiary education in a foreign country. Global long-term investor GIC, which is funding the scholarship, works to ensure Singapore’s financial stability for generations to come. The scholarship program is encouraged to be used by eligible international students.
As a long-term, international investor, GIC works to safeguard Singapore’s financial future for many generations. We oversee the majority of the government’s financial assets and make long-term investments to protect and improve the purchasing power of the funds we oversee on a global scale. We are among the biggest international investors in securities from the public markets. We have built a well-diversified portfolio through investments in both developed and emerging markets in order to generate long-term, superior returns. Our entire Private Market portfolio is split between real estate, infrastructure, and private equity.
Details GIC Undergraduate Scholarship in Singapore
- Scholarship Host Country: Singapore
- Donor: GIC or formerly known as Singapore Government Investment Corporation
- Study level: Bachelor’s
- Gender: both gender
- Deadline: December 31
- Good academic results in GCE ‘A’ Level, International Baccalaureate, Polytechnic Diploma or NUS High diploma
- Good CCA/NS records or external involvement in community service
- Candidates with strong critical thinking, creativity and leadership qualities
- Students of all nationalities are welcome to apply
- Applicable only to Pre-Tertiary students
- Local: 3 years
- Overseas: 4 years (Non-English speaking countries); 5 years (UK/US)
Field of Study
- All disciplines excluding Medicine and Dentistry
- All tuition and compulsory fees.
- Monthly living allowance.
- One-time pre‐studies allowance for warm clothing, settling‐in, etc.
- Return economy airfare.
- Opportunities for sponsorship of student exchange, summer programs, and foreign language studies.
- Internships during the second year of study.
- Sponsorship for Masters upon approval by management.
Scholarship application is open from now for the 2022 intake. You can use your preliminary results if available or predicted ‘A’ Level/IB Programme results.