Elizabeth Greenshields Foundation is excitedly inviting students to join the Elizabeth Greenshields Foundation Grants for the academic year 2022-2023. The programme is available to international students in Canada.
Young artists working in painting, drawing, sculpture, or printing who exhibit the drive and talent to pursue a lifetime career in their art practice are given support through the Foundation award. These artists may be about to begin their studies or be in the beginning stages of their careers. Nationally and internationally recognized art professors, teachers, and mentors present this honor. The initial grant is worth CAD 17,000, or CAD 20,000 for each succeeding grant.
Details Elizabeth Greenshields Foundation Grants
- Eligible Course or Subjects: The scholarship will be awarded in painting, drawing, sculpture, or printmaking.
- To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- The Foundation has no geographic, citizenship, or residency requirements; its grants are available to eligible applicants from around the world.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age to be eligible to apply and may not be older than 41 years of age at the time of submitting their application for a first grant.
- Candidates who have previously received a grant may apply for a further grant after the age of 41, provided that they continue to meet all other eligibility requirements.
- In launching their career, applicants must be either a student or emerging artists at the early stage of their career. Grants are not intended as work or project grants for more experienced or mature artists.
Eligible Countries: International
Type: Bachelor or Master
Value of Award: CAD $17,000 to CAD $20,000
Number of Awards: Not Mentioned
Method of Application:
- Applications must be completed and submitted online application at the Elizabeth Greenshields Foundation online portal. Applications submitted in any other manner, including by email, mail, or otherwise, will not be accepted.
- Supporting Documents: Applicants must provide all the information and upload all the material and documentation required for the application.
- Personal Information- Applicant’s full name, artist name (if any), gender, date of birth, contact information, country of citizenship, website URL, and how they heard about the Foundation.
- Proof of Identity- Government-issued photo ID and proof of citizenship, current address, and date of birth.
- Education and Training- A list of the universities, colleges, and art schools attended with the degrees/diplomas obtained and the graduation date (or projected date).
- Exhibitions- A list of the exhibitions in which the applicant’s work has been displayed during the previous five years or will be displayed in the next two years.
- Portfolio- Images of six representative works (no more or less) produced in the two years immediately preceding the date of the application. These must be original works produced by the applicant alone.
- Proof of Acceptance- If the applicant is applying to further their art education or training, a proof of acceptance or enrollment from the institution where they intend to study or train.
- Artistic Proposal- A description of the proposed work, project, course of study, or training the applicant intends to undertake with a grant from The Elizabeth Greenshields Foundation.
- Artist Statement- A brief artist statement relating to the applicant’s previous and current work.
- Budget- A budget for the proposed work, project, course of study, or training described in the applicant’s Artistic Proposal.
- Letter of Reference- A letter of reference from a teacher or professor, an artist or curator who is familiar with both the applicant and the applicant’s work and can support their application.
- Admission Requirements: Applicants must hold a previous degree certificate with excellent marks.
- Language Requirement: The students must know conversational French or English language at least.
The Foundation welcomes applications throughout the year; there is no application deadline.