CSC Professional Fellowships in the United Kingdom is a fully funded fellowship program that allows participants from low and middle-income countries to spend time in the United Kingdom for free. The Commonwealth Professional Fellowship opportunity allows individuals to become a real part of a UK organization and work on their professional development. The Commonwealth Fellowship in the United Kingdom gives fellows every opportunity to expand their knowledge and skills in their respective fields while also making a difference in their communities.
The Commonwealth Scholarship Commission provides all Commonwealth Professional Fellowships. The commission connects all Commonwealth alumni through multiple networks. The host organizations organize social gatherings to give fellows a better understanding of the work of other fellows. The CSC’s Alumni Community Engagement Fund (ACEF) helps with this. It is an annual fund that is used to assist Commonwealth Alumni in raising community awareness of key development issues. They will be expected to raise awareness by organizing engagement activities.
The CSC Fellowships program is designed for mid-career professionals, with the goal of making a big difference with small changes. Each year, the program has a different theme on which the fellows work to improve their communities by applying their knowledge and skills. The CSC Fellowship demonstrates the UK government’s commitment to the betterment of Commonwealth countries. As a result, this is a golden opportunity for professionals from low- and middle-income Commonwealth countries to join world-class organizations in the UK and make a difference in their workplaces.
The theme of the Commonwealth Fellowship 2022/23 for this year is Clean Energy, Air, and Oceans. Fellows are expected to excel in idea generation, research, cooperation and collaboration, communication, debate, self-study, and public speaking by the end of the Commonwealth Fellowship program. Furthermore, the fellows will gain advanced research experience in renewable energy generation, respiratory health, climate change, clean air, science, technology, and public policy. The CSC International Fellowship Program in the United Kingdom expects participants to have established capability in promoting clean energy, air, and seas through their spheres of influence in both rural and urban populations.
This Blog Includes
CSC Professional Fellowships in UK 2022-23:
- United Kingdom
- Commonwealth Scholarship Commission
Host Institutions in the UK:
- University of Strathclyde
- University of Edinburgh
- University of Salford
- Knowledge 4 Change
- Lifegate Outreach Centre
Benefits of the Commonwealth Professional Fellowships 2022-23:
- The fellows will receive a monthly allowance during the fellowship time period. The award will be provided at the rate of £1,782 per month, and the award will be £2,197 for those organizations that will be in London metropolitan.
- The fellows will be given a return ticket from their home country to the UK.
- The standard visa fee will be reimbursed to all the selected fellows.
- Disable fellows will be provided with additional financial support as a disability allowance by CSC.
- The fellows will be given the arrival grant and warm clothing allowance up to £972.59.
- In order to attend the events related to Clean Energy, Air and Oceans a £1,000 travel allowance per fellow will be given.
- The host organizations can be greedy to provide up to £3,000 to the fellows so that they could visit other host organizations in UK, events, and conferences.
Eligibility Criteria of the CSC Professional Fellowships 2022-23:
- The candidate must be a citizen and permanent resident of an eligible commonwealth country.
- The candidates who have refugee status in an eligible commonwealth country can also apply.
- The candidates who are on the list of British Protected persons can apply.
- The candidate must have at least five years of full-time, or equivalent part-time, relevant work experience in the relevant field. Volunteer work will not be counted.
- The candidate must be having employment in the relevant field at the time of fellowship.
- The candidate must be able to provide reference letters and one must be from the current employer.
- The candidate must not have received any commonwealth professional fellowship in the recent five years.
- The candidate must not be taking any academic study or any academic research.
Eligible countries for the Commonwealth Fellowship 2022-34 in the UK:
- Antigua and Barbuda
- The Gambia
- Papua New Guinea
- St Helena
- St Lucia
- St Vincent and The Grenadines
- Sierra Leone
- Solomon Islands
- South Africa
- Sri Lanka
How to apply for the Commonwealth Fellowship in UK?
- The candidates have to apply online through the given link.
- The candidates have to provide all their required details correctly.
- Make sure to answer all the relevant essay questions.
- Give a comprehensive personal statement that could show your compatibility with the program.
- It is preferred that reference letters must be sent by your referees directly.
- The candidates have to provide a Development Impact statement in 4 parts.
- Provide all the details within the given word limit.
Commonwealth Fellowship Application Deadline:
- Open until 16:00 (BST) on the 15th of August 2022.