The applications are invited for Chinese Government Scholarships 2022-2023 academic batch from international students to give them an opportunity to study for free in the top 270 Chinese Universities.
CSC Award 2023-2024 is a fully paid international student scholarship. This fellowship is accessible at over 280 Chinese universities for undergraduate, master’s, and doctoral studies. The Chinese Government Scholarship 2023 includes housing, basic health insurance, and a monthly income of up to 3500 Yuan.
The purpose of this scholarship is to promote education, culture, trade, educational and political exchanges, cooperation, and mutual understanding between other nations and China. International students from all over the world are welcome to apply.
Chinese Government Scholarships must be applied for online using the CSC portal. Following that, the individual should apply to the chosen university and submit all relevant documents together with the CSC scholarship application form.
Chinese Government Scholarship (CSC Scholarship) 2022
Chinese Government Scholarships by China Scholarship Council CSC is a project due to the Chinese Government’s intention at upscaling education, culture, trade, transfers in education, and politics. The program is also intended to promote cooperation and enhance mutual understanding between China and other nations.
Chinese institutions of higher learning give students from all over the world Chinese Government Scholarships like CSC Scholarships, Confucius Institute Scholarships, CAS-TWAS Scholarships, and Chinese Provincial Government Scholarships among others.
Eligibility Requirements of CSC Scholarship 2023
Following are the minimum eligibility requirements for Chinese Government Scholarship:
- International Student (Not being a Chinese citizen)
- Not be in possession of another scholarship issued by the Chinese government or any of its delegations.
- Minimum Age Requirement:
- Undergraduate students must not be more than 25 years old,
- For master’s degree age limit is 35 years
- For Ph.D. degree, age limit is 40 years
- Minimum qualification:
- Higher Secondary School Certificate or equivalent for undergraduate students,
- Bachelor Degree for the masters degree
- Masters degree for the doctoral degree.
CSC Scholarship 2023 Benefits
Chinese Government Scholarship provide the recipient with the following benefits:
- Type A CSC Scholarship covers registration fees, accommodation (in a university residence in a shared room with another person), basic medical insurance and a monthly allowance for personal expenses (between 2,500 and 3,500 Yuan per month, approximately 350 and 500 USD respectively).
- Type B CSC Scholarship covers the same as the Type A scholarship, except for the monthly allowance for personal expenses.
- Type C CSC Scholarship is another type of partial scholarship with little benefits.
Type A CSC scholarship is more attractive, therefore it is more competitive due to the high demand. If you can afford living expenses, you should apply for a Type B or Type C CSC scholarship because it will be easier to obtain.
How to Apply for CSC Scholarship 2023?
The following simple and easy application procedure will help you to apply for a Chinese Government Scholarship:
- Application Period: The application period for CSC Scholarship is generally from January to April of each year. Some authorized agencies or universities have different deadlines. You should check the deadline of the universities of your choice.
- The application for CSC Scholarship must first be completed online (in English or Chinese). You can apply to three universities with this CSC portal account.
- At the beginning of the online application form, you will be asked to choose the type of scholarship according to its funding (A, B or C) and the number of authorized agencies or universities (a code that you will find on the internet or that will be provided by the university, you have selected).
- Once you have completed all the information in the online application for the Chinese Government Scholarship, you must attach the required documents in PDF format (list is given below).
- After submission of your online Chinese Government Scholarship application, download this application.
- Select the Chinese University and Course here.
- Check if the Chinese University of your choice requires an online application for admission along with Chinese Government Scholarship application or not.
- If that university requires an online application then submit this application on that university’s website and attach your Chinese Government Scholarship application.
- Make 2 sets of documents (list given below) and dispatch it to the University address.
- The results will be made public on the same page of the application as of mid-July. From that moment, the entities begin to distribute by post the necessary documentation to process the study visa in the country of origin of the candidates.
Required Documents for CSC Scholarship 2023
Completed application form: You will find it after registering on the official page of the Chinese government scholarships.
(1) Notary attested highest degree and transcript.
(2) Official medical form or Foreigner Physical Examination Form. You must attach a copy of this form filled out by a doctor. Make sure the form is signed by the doctor and that it has an official seal of the hospital or medical center where you do it. At least one stamp must be stamped on top of the previously attached card photograph. Forms older than 6 months from the date of application are not accepted.
(3) CV written in English or Chinese: You can attach a document that contains information about your specialty and your academic interests, or fill it out directly in the corresponding section of the application form (the space is quite short, I recommend that you attach this information in an attached document).
(4) Two letters of recommendation written in English or in Chinese from your last university professors.
(5) TOEFL or IELTS Diploma if you are going to study in English and you are not native of an English-speaking country: The minimum scores of both diplomas are specified by each university for each type of course. If you don’t have IELTS certificate, you can also provide a simple certificate stating that your last degree was taught in English language. It is called English proficiency certificate.
(6) Study Plan / Research Proposal.
(7) Passport Copy.
(8) Although it is NOT an essential requirement to apply for this scholarship, if you have an HSK diploma (level of Chinese) you must attach it. The Chinese government plans to finance up to two years of Chinese-language university studies so that you reach the level of Chinese required by the program you have chosen. However, if you already have a degree, your training will be a lower economic expense, so increases your chances of obtaining the scholarship. This logic does not apply to courses that are taught in English, since enrollment rates in these courses are twice as large as those taught in Chinese.
(9) Another important but not essential requirement is an acceptance letter issued by professors of a Chinese university where you want to take admitted. Some universities prefer applicants to have an acceptance letter and some universities have no requirement of an acceptance letter but if you have an acceptance letter it is good symbol for you. If you are applying for a university with having limited quota of seats then also try for an acceptance letter, you will be preferred. If you are applying for high-ranked university/universities then you must try for an acceptance letter, you will be preferred. Start Emailing in October to Professors for Acceptance letters. Search professor’s profiles related to the field of your desired university and send them emails and please don’t copy emails from others make it your own.
- Tips: How to find the faculty of your desired university? Just go to google.com and write the University name for example Zhejiang University Faculty of Biochemistry or Life Sciences. You will see the faculty list. Email to the Professor, if he or she is not replying, don’t start shelling emails because they might be busy or they don’t need any new students.
(10) Another important but not essential requirement is a pre-admission letter from the destination university. This letter is issued by the university that you are wanted as a student. However, it is not easy to achieve, unless you have studied at that university and they know you by your merits. The advantage of having it is that it increases the chances of being awarded a scholarship for that university. If you do not have one, you may be sent to another university of your priority (during the application process, you have the possibility to select three universities in order of preference) or, in the worst case, to any one they choose.
(11) Other documents: If you have research publications or any other distinction, you must attach them.
(12) If any particular Chinese University requires an application screening or an application process fee then submit it. Print its receipt and attach it to the two sets of your documents listed above
Note: It is advised to choose a reliable courier service to send your CSC scholarship application documents directly to the address of that Chinese University so that they reach in time.