Germany’s Berlin Scholarship Program The year 2023 presents a special yet contemporary opportunity to address the expanding cyber security threats. Due to the use of communication technologies, the world has become a small, interconnected village. These technologies can, however, also be abused. To address these expanding cyber threats, Germany offers a four-month fully-funded scholarship. Participants in this workshop learn how to prevent privacy breaches as well as the actual weak points and loopholes that can cause such a serious breach. Additionally, this scholarship in Europe is a fantastic opportunity to gain practical experience with risk assessments and security planning, including their significance and application.
The Berlin State Department for Economics, Energy, and Public Enterprises has launched the Berlin Scholarship Program 2023. But only journalists are eligible for this fully funded international scholarship in Germany. Reporters Without Borders Germany calls for free travel to Berlin for journalists from conflict and crisis areas so they can receive better training in digital security. The journalists working in these crucial regions are most at risk from online dangers like surveillance or hacker attacks that obstruct their reporting. Therefore, the purpose of this training program is to provide them with the skills and knowledge they need to defend themselves against such attacks.
A trickle-down effect results from the fully-funded workshop for journalists in Europe. The second phase of this program begins once the journalists have mastered the techniques to defend themselves against the new digital threats. In this phase, each participant develops their own training concept with the assistance of a trainer team made up of highly qualified professionals. Once the concept is developed, the participants take on the role of trainers and impart the knowledge they gained from the Berlin exchange program to the journalists in their own countries.
Numerous international journalists who were even receiving death threats because of their reporting skills and objectivity in dangerous locations have benefited from the RSF Germany scholarship program. A method for developing the ability to accurately assess the risks is the RSF reporter scholarship program. There are many ways and tools to have a well-constructed security plan, but the program makes participants aware that there is no such thing as “Absolute Security.” In addition to these technical learning programs, the participants get to know one another, develop a lasting bond, and discover various cultures by staying together and attending various social events. In conclusion, the program lasts a participant for a lifetime rather than just four months.
Berlin Scholarship Program in Germany 2023:
Host Country: Germany
Host Organisation: Reporters Without Borders Germany
Funded By: Berlin Senate Department for Economics, Energy and Public Enterprises.
Program Duration: 4 Months
Berlin Scholarship Program 2023 Benefits:
- A monthly stipend of 900€/month will be provided to each participant.
- The visa processing matters will be taken care of.
- The participants will be provided with a pleasant residence.
- All the travel costs will be covered to and from Berlin.
- The daily public transportation will be free for the participants.
- The participants will be given a deep insight into the activities of Reporters without Borders Germany which is a globally active journalist and human rights organization.
Eligibility Criteria of the Berlin Scholarship Program in Germany:
- Professional journalists, bloggers, media professionals, and citizen journalists from war zones and crisis areas can apply.
- Journalists are being threatened by digital threats in their home countries.
- The individuals must be eager in learning about digital security and passing the knowledge to other journalists in their home countries.
- The candidates must show their willingness to return to their home countries.
- The candidates must be proficient in English.
- The candidate must have adequate journalistic experience.
How to Apply for Berlin Scholarship 2023 in Germany?
- The applicants have to send their signed applications with the required documents via Signal Messenger Service at +491636743853.
- If you have a Proton Mail Account, send your application to the account rsf.digitalfreedom[at]protonmail.com
- ProtonMail is an end-to-end encrypted email service. You can register for a free account here.
- Fill out the Berlin Scholarship 2023 online application and questionnaire in Pdf form.
- You have to save two Pdf files of the above forms.
- Complete these Pdf files on your computers.
- You have to save these Pdf files and send them to one of the given addresses.
Berlin Scholarship 2023 Deadline:
- The last date to apply is Monday, December 5th, 2022 at 23:59 (Central European Time).
1 thought on “Berlin Scholarship Program 2023 in Germany”