Atlantic Fellowship in the USA is an extraordinary opportunity for the fellows to expand and deepen their understanding and knowledge related to health equity. This fully-funded leadership program in the USA calls for all those young leaders who are doing splendid work in alleviating health disparities and who know the importance of having a great health workforce for the benefit of humanity. Atlantic Fellowship for health equity is a promising step to fulfill the mission that everyone in the world deserves a fair chance to lead a healthy life without any discrimination of nationality or ethnicity.
The fully-funded fellowship for young leaders strives to provide life-changing experiences to its fellows by providing them with the skills along with the courage to build equitable organizations and communities which can explain to the world how the issue of health inequality intersects with the progress of the whole world. The non-residential fellowship program therefore a step forward towards fairer, healthier, and more inclusive societies. Moreover, this fellowship is a chance for the global leaders who demonstrate prior commitment to health equity and exhibits leadership potential to come to George Washington University for free.
The year-long fellowship in USA is no doubt an amazing opportunity to learn and grow from the niche and well-picked group of leaders and health equity champions. The cohort of the Atlantic health equity fellowship comprises professionals from almost all walks of life. The powerful concept of health equity needs much more vigorous leadership in technical issues as well as in moral issues because disparities reduction in this matter needs a change of mindsets. So, the George Washington University fellowship program ensures that the fellows have their vast vision and a complete philosophy as philanthropists to promote equality to remain healthy.
The Atlantic fellows for health equity was a program first known as leaders for health equity fellowship program and it was started in January 2017. The program was started keeping in view the interconnected relationship of a healthy society and economic growth. In addition to this, the pioneers of this fellowship program were motivated by a strong sense of social justice because they had considered it an obligation that all individuals have equal rights and must have equal access to a healthy life and well-being. To achieve this goal, the Washington University Health Equity Fellowship involves diverse groups and perspectives because it is considered that health is too important to be left solely to doctors. So, it is pertinent to involve people from sectors other than traditional health care and public health for a greater good and this Atlantic Fellowship is a vision in reality.
Atlantic Fellowship in USA 2022:
- United States of America
- George Washington University in Washington, DC
- June 2021 – April 2022
No. of Participants:
- 20 fellows
Benefits of the Atlantic Fellowship 2022 in the USA:
- All the travel expenses related to participation in the fellowship will be covered by the program.
- Network building opportunities will be provided.
- A chance to attend 4 in-person convenings throughout the year.
- The fellowship will provide team-based learning opportunities.
Eligibility Criteria of the Atlantic Fellowship 2022 in the USA:
- Both national and international candidates can apply.
- The entrepreneurs and organizational leaders are encouraged to apply.
- The candidates must exhibit a prior commitment to health equity through their projects or work.
- The candidates must represent a good project proposal with new skills and approaches to combat health disparities.
- The fellows must be fluent in English.
- The fellows must be able to travel to Washington twice during their year-long fellowship.
- Fellows are required to be working actively in the fields related to health.
How to Apply for the Atlantic Fellowship in USA 2022?
- The candidates have to apply online.
- In case you are head of your own organization, you can have a reference letter from one of the board of directors of your organization or the person in the same field but in another organization.
- The candidates have to provide employment or professional details and all the required data correctly.
Atlantic Fellowship Application Deadline:
- The application deadline for the fellowship is May 1, 2022.